Diagnosis Code M62
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code M62 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- alcoholic myopathy (G72.1)
- cramp and spasm (R25.2)
- drug-induced myopathy (G72.0)
- myalgia (M79.1)
- stiff-man syndrome (G25.82)
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- nontraumatic hematoma of muscle (M79.81)
Information for Patients
Also called: Myopathy
Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis.
Causes of muscle disorders include
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- A genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Some cancers
- Inflammation, such as myositis
- Diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- Certain medicines
Sometimes the cause is not known.
- Caring for muscle spasticity or spasms
- Compartment syndrome
- Contracture deformity
- Creatine phosphokinase test
- Eyelid twitch
- Muscle aches
- Muscle atrophy
- Muscle function loss
- Muscle twitching