Diagnosis Code M25.141
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M25.141 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 555 - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH MCC
- 556 - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 719.84 - Joint dis NEC-hand (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two parts inside of the body. Fistulas may develop between different organs, such as between the esophagus and the windpipe or the bowel and the vagina. They can also develop between two blood vessels, such as between an artery and a vein or between two arteries.
Some people are born with a fistula. Other common causes of fistulas include
- Complications from surgery
- Diseases, such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis
Treatment depends on the cause of the fistula, where it is, and how bad it is. Some fistulas will close on their own. In some cases, you may need antibiotics and/or surgery.
- Fistula (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gastrointestinal fistula (Medical Encyclopedia)
Hand Injuries and Disorders
No matter how old you are or what you do for a living, you are always using your hands. When there is something wrong with them, you may not be able to do your regular activities.
Hand problems include
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - compression of a nerve as it goes through the wrist, often making your fingers feel numb
- Injuries that result in fractures, ruptured ligaments and dislocations
- Osteoarthritis - wear-and-tear arthritis, which can also cause deformity
- Tendinitis - irritation of the tendons
- Disorders and injuries of your fingers and thumb
- Brachial plexopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Claw hand (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dupuytrens contracture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand or foot spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ulnar nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)