Diagnosis Code M21.862
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M21.862 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 564 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 565 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 566 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 736.6 - Acq knee deformity NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Acquired deformity of lower leg
- Acquired internal tibial torsion
- Acquired internal torsion of tibia of left lower limb
- Deformity of tibia
Information for Patients
Leg Injuries and Disorders
Your legs are made up of bones, blood vessels, muscles, and other connective tissue. They are important for motion and standing. Playing sports, running, falling, or having an accident can damage your legs. Common leg injuries include sprains and strains, joint dislocations, and fractures.
These injuries can affect the entire leg, or just the foot, ankle, knee, or hip. Certain diseases also lead to leg problems. For example, knee osteoarthritis, common in older people, can cause pain and limited motion. Problems in your veins in your legs can lead to varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis.
- Blount disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bowlegs (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Common peroneal nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Femoral nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Femur fracture repair - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Iliotibial band syndrome -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ischemic ulcers -- self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Knock knees (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Leg pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shin splints - self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tibial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Venous insufficiency (Medical Encyclopedia)