Diagnosis Code L25.5
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code L25.5 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 692.6 - Dermatitis due to plant (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Cactus dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis - foods/plants
- Contact dermatitis caused by arnica
- Contact dermatitis caused by Genus Toxicodendron
- Contact dermatitis caused by lacquer tree
- Contact dermatitis caused by plants
- Contact dermatitis caused by plants, except food
- Contact dermatitis caused by poison ivy
- Contact dermatitis caused by poison oak
- Contact dermatitis caused by poison sumac
- Contact dermatitis caused by primrose
- Contact dermatitis caused by ragweed
- Contact dermatitis caused by Rhus diversiloba
- Contact dermatitis caused by Rhus quercifolia
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code L25.5 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- nettle rash (L50.9)
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- allergy NOS due to pollen (J30.1)
Information for Patients
Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac
Also called: Ivy poison, Rhus dermatitis, Toxicodendron dermatitis
If you spend time outdoors, chances are you have been bothered by poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac at some point. Most people are sensitive to the plants' oily sap. The sap is in the root, stems, leaves and fruit of these plants. If it gets on your skin, it causes a blistering skin rash. The rash can range from mild to severe, depending on how much sap gets on your skin and how sensitive you are to it. Problems can also happen if the plants are burned. Airborne sap-coated soot can get into the eyes, nose, throat and respiratory system.
The best way to avoid the rash is to learn what the plants look like and stay away from them. If you come into contact with the plants, wash your skin and clothing right away. If you develop a rash, ask your pharmacist about over-the-counter medicines. For severe rashes, see your doctor.
National Park Service
- Poison ivy - oak - sumac
- Poison ivy - oak - sumac rash