Diagnosis Code L08
Information for Patients
Your skin helps protect you from germs, but sometimes it can get infected by them. Some common types of skin infections are
- Bacterial: Cellulitis and impetigo. Staphylococcal infections can also affect the skin.
- Viral: Shingles, warts, and herpes simplex
- Fungal: Athlete's foot and yeast infections
- Parasitic: Body lice, head lice, and scabies
Treatment of skin infections depends on the cause.
- Candida infection of the skin
- Donovanosis (granuloma inguinale)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Necrotizing soft tissue infection