Diagnosis Code K66.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code K66.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC 393
- OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC 394
- OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC 395
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 568.9 - Peritoneal disorder NOS
- Disorder of pelvic peritoneum
- Disorder of peritoneum
Information for Patients
Your peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen. A liquid, peritoneal fluid, lubricates the surface of this tissue.
Disorders of the peritoneum are not common. They include
- Peritonitis - an inflammation of the peritoneum
- Complications from peritoneal dialysis
Your doctor may use imaging tests or lab tests to analyze the peritoneal fluid to diagnose the problem. Treatment of peritoneal disorders depends on the cause.
- Peritonitis - secondary
- Peritonitis - spontaneous
- Retroperitoneal inflammation