Diagnosis Code K65.3
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code K65.3 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 393 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 394 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 395 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 567.81 - Choleperitonitis
- Bile peritonitis
- Bile peritonitis
- Postcholecystectomy bile peritonitis
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code K65.3 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Peritonitis due to bile
Information for Patients
Your peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen. A liquid, peritoneal fluid, lubricates the surface of this tissue.
Disorders of the peritoneum are not common. They include
- Peritonitis - an inflammation of the peritoneum
- Complications from peritoneal dialysis
Your doctor may use imaging tests or lab tests to analyze the peritoneal fluid to diagnose the problem. Treatment of peritoneal disorders depends on the cause.
- Peritonitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peritonitis - secondary (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peritonitis - spontaneous (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retroperitoneal inflammation (Medical Encyclopedia)