Diagnosis Code K65.2
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code K65.2 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 371 - MAJOR GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS AND PERITONEAL INFECTIONS WITH MCC
- 372 - MAJOR GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS AND PERITONEAL INFECTIONS WITH CC
- 373 - MAJOR GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS AND PERITONEAL INFECTIONS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 567.23 - Spontan bact peritonitis
- Primary bacterial peritonitis
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code K65.2 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- bacterial peritonitis NOS (K65.9)
Information for Patients
Your peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen. A liquid, peritoneal fluid, lubricates the surface of this tissue.
Disorders of the peritoneum are not common. They include
- Peritonitis - an inflammation of the peritoneum
- Complications from peritoneal dialysis
Your doctor may use imaging tests or lab tests to analyze the peritoneal fluid to diagnose the problem. Treatment of peritoneal disorders depends on the cause.
- Peritonitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peritonitis - secondary (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peritonitis - spontaneous (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retroperitoneal inflammation (Medical Encyclopedia)