Diagnosis Code K14.6
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 529.6 - Glossodynia
- Burning mouth syndrome
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code K14.6 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Painful tongue
Information for Patients
Your tongue helps you taste, swallow, and chew. You also use it to speak. Your tongue is made up of many muscles. The upper surface contains your taste buds.
Problems with the tongue include
- Changes in color or texture
- Abnormal movement or difficulty moving the tongue
- Taste problems
These problems can have many different causes. Treatment depends on the underlying problem.
- Geographic tongue (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Glossitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Leukoplakia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Macroglossia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tongue biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tongue problems (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tongue tie (Medical Encyclopedia)