Diagnosis Code K13.23
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 528.72 - Keratin ridge muc-excess
- Excessive keratinized residual ridge mucosa
- Hyperkeratosis of oral mucosa
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code K13.23 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Excessive keratinization of alveolar ridge mucosa
Information for Patients
Your mouth is one of the most important parts of your body. Any problem that affects your mouth can make it hard to eat, drink or even smile.
Some common mouth problems include
- Cold sores - painful sores on the lips and around the mouth, caused by a virus
- Canker sores - painful sores in the mouth, caused by bacteria or viruses
- Thrush - a yeast infection that causes white patches in your mouth
- Leukoplakia - white patches of excess cell growth on the cheeks, gums or tongue, common in smokers
- Dry mouth - a lack of enough saliva, caused by some medicines and certain diseases
- Gum or tooth problems
- Bad breath
Treatment for mouth disorders varies, depending on the problem. Keeping a clean mouth by brushing and flossing often is important.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome - NIH (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)
- Drooling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gum biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Herpangina (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Leukoplakia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lichen planus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mouth sores (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mouth ulcers (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mucous cyst (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Perioral dermatitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Thrush (Medical Encyclopedia)