Diagnosis Code K04.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code K04.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Acute pulpitis
- Chronic (hyperplastic) (ulcerative) pulpitis
Information for Patients
Your teeth are made of a hard, bonelike material. Inside the tooth are nerves and blood vessels. You need your teeth for many activities you may take for granted. These include eating, speaking and even smiling. But tooth disorders are nothing to smile about. They include problems such as cavities (also known as tooth decay), infections, and injuries.
The most familiar symptom of a tooth problem is a toothache. Others include worn-down or loose teeth. It's important that you see a dentist if you have any problems with your teeth. Fortunately, you can prevent many tooth disorders by taking care of your teeth and keeping them clean.
- Amelogenesis imperfecta (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Broken or knocked out tooth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bruxism (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dental crowns (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Impacted tooth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Root canal (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tooth - abnormal colors (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tooth abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Toothaches (Medical Encyclopedia)