Diagnosis Code K00
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code K00 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- embedded and impacted teeth (K01.-)
Information for Patients
Your teeth are made of a hard, bonelike material. Inside the tooth are nerves and blood vessels. You need your teeth for many activities you may take for granted. These include eating, speaking and even smiling. But tooth disorders are nothing to smile about. They include problems such as cavities (also known as tooth decay), infections, and injuries.
The most familiar symptom of a tooth problem is a toothache. Others include worn-down or loose teeth. It's important that you see a dentist if you have any problems with your teeth. Fortunately, you can prevent many tooth disorders by taking care of your teeth and keeping them clean.
- Amelogenesis imperfecta (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Broken or knocked out tooth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bruxism (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dental crowns (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Impacted tooth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Root canal (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tooth - abnormal colors (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tooth abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Toothaches (Medical Encyclopedia)