Diagnosis Code J34
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code J34 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- varicose ulcer of nasal septum (I86.8)
Information for Patients
Nose Injuries and Disorders
Also called: Nasal disorders
Your nose is important to your health. It filters the air you breathe, removing dust, germs, and irritants. It warms and moistens the air to keep your lungs and tubes that lead to them from drying out. Your nose also contains the nerve cells that help your sense of smell. When there is a problem with your nose, your whole body can suffer. For example, the stuffy nose of the common cold can make it hard for you to breathe, sleep, or get comfortable.
Many problems besides the common cold can affect the nose. They include
- Deviated septum - a shifting of the wall that divides the nasal cavity into halves
- Nasal polyps - soft growths that develop on the lining of your nose or sinuses
- Rhinitis - inflammation of the nose and sinuses sometimes caused by allergies. The main symptom is a runny nose.
- Nasal fractures, also known as a broken nose
- Choanal atresia
- Foreign body in the nose
- Nasal endoscopy
- Nasal fracture - aftercare
- Nasal polyps
- Nose fracture
- Stuffy or runny nose - adult
- Stuffy or runny nose - children