Diagnosis Code I89.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code I89.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 814 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 815 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH CC
- 816 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 457.9 - Noninfect lymph dis NOS
- Acute disease of lymphatic vessel
- Chronic disease of lymphatic vessels
- Disorder of lymph node
- Disorder of lymphatic system
- Disorder of lymphatic vessel
- Disorder of lymphatics affecting the skin
- Disorder of lymphatics of head
- Disorders of lymph node and lymphatics
- Finding of sensation of lymph node
- Gland symptom
- Non-infectious disorder of lymphatics
- Non-infective lymphatic disorders
- On examination - lymph nodes
- On examination - lymph nodes tender
- Pain of lymph node
- Pain of lymphoreticular structure
- Tender lymph node
- Tenderness of lymphoreticular structure
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code I89.9 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Disease of lymphatic vessels NOS
Information for Patients
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs. It is made up of
- Lymph - a fluid that contains white blood cells that defend against germs
- Lymph vessels - vessels that carry lymph throughout your body. They are different from blood vessels.
- Lymph nodes - glands found throughout the lymph vessels. Along with your spleen, these nodes are where white blood cells fight infection.
Your bone marrow and thymus produce the cells in lymph. They are part of the system, too.
The lymphatic system clears away infection and keeps your body fluids in balance. If it's not working properly, fluid builds in your tissues and causes swelling, called lymphedema. Other lymphatic system problems can include infections, blockage, and cancer.
- Cancer and lymph nodes (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cystic hygroma (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Groin lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymph node biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymph system (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymphadenitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymphangitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymphofollicular hyperplasia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neck lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Swollen lymph nodes (Medical Encyclopedia)