Diagnosis Code H00.01
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code H00.01 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Hordeolum NOS
Information for Patients
Your eyelids help protect your eyes. When you blink, your eyelids spread moisture over your eyes. Blinking also helps move dirt or other particles off the surface of the eye. You close your eyelids when you see something coming toward your eyes. This can help protect against injuries.
Like most other parts of your body, your eyelids can get infected, inflamed, or even develop cancer. There are also specific eyelid problems, including
- Eyelids that turn in or out
- Eyelids that droop
- Abnormal blinking or twitching
Treatment of eyelid problems depends on the cause.
- Blepharitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chalazion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ectropion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Entropion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid bump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid drooping (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid lift (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)