Diagnosis Code G47.13
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 327.13 - Recurrent hypersomnia
- Hypersomnia disorder related to a known organic factor
- Hypersomnia disorder related to menstruation
- Kleine-Levin syndrome
- Recurrent hypersomnia
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code G47.13 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Kleine-Levin syndrome
- Menstrual related hypersomnia
Information for Patients
Is it hard for you to fall asleep or stay asleep through the night? Do you wake up feeling tired or feel very sleepy during the day, even if you have had enough sleep? You might have a sleep disorder. The most common kinds are
- Insomnia - a hard time falling or staying asleep
- Sleep apnea - breathing interruptions during sleep
- Restless legs syndrome - a tingling or prickly sensation in the legs
- Narcolepsy - daytime "sleep attacks"
Nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking, sleep talking, head banging, wetting the bed and grinding your teeth are kinds of sleep problems called parasomnias. There are treatments for most sleep disorders. Sometimes just having good sleep habits can help.
- Changing your sleep habits (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Drowsiness (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Idiopathic hypersomnia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Irregular sleep-wake syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Isolated sleep paralysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Medicines for sleep (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Narcolepsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nightmares (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Sleep and your health (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Sleep disorders (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Teenagers and sleep (Medical Encyclopedia)