Diagnosis Code F98.21
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 307.53 - Rumination disorder (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Regurgitates after swallowing
- Rumination disorder
- Rumination disorder of infancy
Information for Patients
Infant and Newborn Nutrition
Food provides the energy and nutrients that babies need to be healthy. For a baby, breast milk is best. It has all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Infant formulas are available for babies whose mothers are not able or decide not to breastfeed.
Infants usually start eating solid foods between 4 and 6 months of age. Check with your health care provider for the best time for your baby to start. If you introduce one new food at a time, you will be able to identify any foods that cause allergies in your baby. Some foods to stay away from include
- Peanuts (including peanut butter)
- Other tree nuts
- Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cow's milk - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Feeding patterns and diet -- babies and infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Feeding patterns and diet -- children 6 months to 2 years (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Infant botulism (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal weight gain and nutrition (Medical Encyclopedia)