Diagnosis Code F51
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code F51 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- organic sleep disorders (G47.-)
Information for Patients
Is it hard for you to fall asleep or stay asleep through the night? Do you wake up feeling tired or feel very sleepy during the day, even if you have had enough sleep? You might have a sleep disorder. The most common kinds are
- Insomnia - a hard time falling or staying asleep
- Sleep apnea - breathing interruptions during sleep
- Restless legs syndrome - a tingling or prickly sensation in the legs
- Narcolepsy - daytime "sleep attacks"
Nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking, sleep talking, head banging, wetting the bed and grinding your teeth are kinds of sleep problems called parasomnias. There are treatments for most sleep disorders. Sometimes just having regular sleep habits can help.
- Changing your sleep habits
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Irregular sleep-wake syndrome
- Isolated sleep paralysis
- Medicines for sleep
- Sleep and your health
- Sleep disorders
- Teenagers and sleep