Diagnosis Code F15
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code F15 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Includes Notes: Includes Notes
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- amphetamine-related disorders
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- cocaine-related disorders (F14.-)
Information for Patients
Also called: Substance abuse
Drug abuse is a serious public health problem that affects almost every community and family in some way. Each year drug abuse causes millions of serious illnesses or injuries among Americans. Abused drugs include
- Anabolic steroids
- Club drugs
- Prescription drugs, including opioids
Drug abuse also plays a role in many major social problems, such as drugged driving, violence, stress, and child abuse. Drug abuse can lead to homelessness, crime, and missed work or problems with keeping a job. It harms unborn babies and destroys families. There are different types of treatment for drug abuse. But the best is to prevent drug abuse in the first place.
NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Drug abuse (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Drug dependence (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Toxicology screen (Medical Encyclopedia)