Diagnosis Code E28.0
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code E28.0 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC 742
- UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC 743
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 256.0 - Hyperestrogenism
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code E28.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
Information for Patients
The ovaries are a pair of organs that women have. They are located in the pelvis, one on each side of the uterus. Each ovary is about the size and shape of an almond.
The ovaries produce a woman's eggs. If an egg is fertilized by a sperm, a pregnancy can result. Ovaries also make the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. When a woman goes through menopause, her ovaries stop releasing eggs and make far lower levels of hormones.
Problems with the ovaries include
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cysts and polycystic ovary syndrome
- Premature ovarian failure
- Ovarian torsion, a twisting of the ovary
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
- Ovarian overproduction of androgens