Diagnosis Code D48.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code D48.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 826 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 827 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 828 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
- 829 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH OTHER PROCEDURE WITH CC/MCC
- 830 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH OTHER PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 238.9 - Uncert behavior neo NOS
- Carcinoid tumor
- Deep fibromatosis
- Desmoid fibromatosis
- Fibromatosis colli
- Giant cell tumor
- Histologic features of tumor cannot be determined
- Histologic type of tumor-associated epithelial lesion cannot be determined
- Juvenile hemangioendothelioma
- Neoplastic disease of uncertain behavior
Table of Neoplasms
The code D48.9 is included in the table of neoplasms by anatomical site. For each site there are six possible code numbers according to whether the neoplasm in question is malignant, benign, in situ, of uncertain behavior, or of unspecified nature. The description of the neoplasm will often indicate which of the six columns is appropriate.
Where such descriptors are not present, the remainder of the Index should be consulted where guidance is given to the appropriate column for each morphological (histological) variety listed. However, the guidance in the Index can be overridden if one of the descriptors mentioned above is present.
The Tabular must be reviewed for the complete diagnosis code.
|»unknown site or unspecified||C80.1||C79.9||D09.9||D36.9||D48.9||D49.9|