Diagnosis Code D37.02
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 235.1 - Unc behav neo oral/phar (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Neoplasm of junctional zone of tongue
- Neoplasm of lingual tonsil
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of anterior two-thirds of tongue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of base of tongue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of border of tongue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of dorsal surface of tongue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of junctional zone of tongue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of lingual tonsil
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of tongue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of ventral surface of tongue
Information for Patients
Your tongue helps you taste, swallow, and chew. You also use it to speak. Your tongue is made up of many muscles. The upper surface contains your taste buds.
Problems with the tongue include
- Changes in color or texture
- Abnormal movement or difficulty moving the tongue
- Taste problems
These problems can have many different causes. Treatment depends on the underlying problem.
- Geographic tongue
- Tongue biopsy
- Tongue problems
- Tongue tie