Diagnosis Code A17.89
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 013.80 - Cns TB NEC-unspec (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code A17.89 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Tuberculous polyneuropathy
Information for Patients
Also called: TB
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria usually attack the lungs, but they can also damage other parts of the body.
TB spreads through the air when a person with TB of the lungs or throat coughs, sneezes, or talks. If you have been exposed, you should go to your doctor for tests. You are more likely to get TB if you have a weak immune system.
Symptoms of TB in the lungs may include
- A bad cough that lasts 3 weeks or longer
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Coughing up blood or mucus
- Weakness or fatigue
- Night sweats
Skin tests, blood tests, x-rays, and other tests can tell if you have TB. If not treated properly, TB can be deadly. You can usually cure active TB by taking several medicines for a long period of time.
NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Acid-fast stain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Coughing up blood (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Disseminated tuberculosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Meningitis - tuberculous (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR TB) (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- PPD skin test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pulmonary tuberculosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Taking medicines to treat tuberculosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tuberculosis Facts - Exposure to TB (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Tuberculosis Facts - TB Can Be Treated (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Tuberculosis Facts - Testing for TB (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Tuberculosis Facts - You Can Prevent TB (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Tuberculosis: General Information (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)