Diagnosis Code Z83.518
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V19.19 - Family hx-eye disord NEC
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code Z83.518 is exempt from POA reporting.
- Family history of color blindness
- Family history of congenital cataract
- Family history of degenerative disorder of macula
- Family history of eye movement disorder
- Family history of retinitis pigmentosa
- Family history of uveitis
- Family history of visual disturbance
- Family history: Cataract
- Family history: Eye disorder
- Family history: Squint