Diagnosis Code D48.3
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code D48.3 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 374 - DIGESTIVE MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 375 - DIGESTIVE MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 376 - DIGESTIVE MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 235.4 - Unc behav neo peritoneum (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Hemangioendothelioma of abdomen
- Hemangioendothelioma of retroperitoneum
- Neoplasm of periadrenal tissue
- Neoplasm of perirenal tissue
- Neoplasm of retrocecal tissue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of adrenal gland
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of kidney
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of periadrenal tissue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of perirenal tissue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of retrocecal tissue
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of retroperitoneum
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of retroperitoneum and peritoneum
- Tumor of peritoneum and retroperitoneum
Information for Patients
Your peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen. A liquid, peritoneal fluid, lubricates the surface of this tissue.
Disorders of the peritoneum are not common. They include
- Peritonitis - an inflammation of the peritoneum
- Complications from peritoneal dialysis
Your doctor may use imaging tests or lab tests to analyze the peritoneal fluid to diagnose the problem. Treatment of peritoneal disorders depends on the cause.
- Peritonitis - secondary
- Peritonitis - spontaneous
- Retroperitoneal inflammation