Diagnosis Code B30.2
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code B30.2 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 077.2 - Pharyngoconjunct fever
- Adenoviral pharyngitis
- Adenoviral pharyngoconjunctivitis
- Adenoviral respiratory disease
- Viral pharyngoconjunctivitis
Information for Patients
Also called: Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis is the medical name for pink eye. It involves inflammation of the outer layer of the eye and inside of the eyelid. It can cause swelling, itching, burning, discharge, and redness. Causes include
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Substances that cause irritation
- Contact lens products, eye drops, or eye ointments
Pinkeye usually does not affect vision. Infectious pink eye can easily spread from one person to another. The infection will clear in most cases without medical care, but bacterial pinkeye needs treatment with antibiotic eye drops or ointment.
NIH: National Eye Institute
- Allergic conjunctivitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Conjunctivitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vernal conjunctivitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
Also called: Pharyngitis
Your throat is a tube that carries food to your esophagus and air to your windpipe and larynx (also called the voice box). The technical name for the throat is pharynx.
You can have a sore throat for many reasons. Often, colds and flu cause sore throats. Other causes can include:
- Strep throat
- Tonsillitis - an infection in the tonsils
Treatment depends on the cause. Sucking on lozenges, drinking lots of liquids, and gargling may ease the pain. Over-the-counter pain relievers can also help, but children should not take aspirin.
- Pharyngitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pharyngitis - viral (Medical Encyclopedia)